Monday, November 8, 2010

October Fun

I have been on a hiatus from blogging because of a big project that I got myself into (that I vow now to never do again...well for a while anyway). I talked my parents into remodeling their kitchen. It's been a project that they have been wanting to do for quite sometime and after talking to my siblings it was something everyone was game on helping with so that it was an affordable project. I'm sure they all regret it now but it will definitly be worth it in the end now that the house is much more open for us all to gather in.

Here is the before picture of our dining room


And here is the middle of the project. We started out only going to knock down the two walls and a couple other things, but then it took on the snowball effect and everyone had 1 more idea we could add and now we have knocked down two walls, gutted the kitchen, added an island, added new canned lighting, repainted all the main living areas, closed up a window, and much more.
The final project pictures will hopefully be next week. We have been all working everyday, all night, trying to complete this in a timely manner. It's only been 4 weeks even though it feels like 4 months. Stay tuned... It's worth it!!


Reese has been working so hard this school year on writing her ABC's. She wants to read and write so bad. Every where we go she is trying to read all the signs by sounding them out and is doing really well at it.

We had a fun visit from Todd (aka Tom), Minda and Brody (aka Floaty).They are always so much fun to hang out with. We had fun going to Disneyland with them too.

Reese loves dancing in the parades.

I had fun with Photoshop and transforming Reese into a vampire. I wish she wanted to be one for Halloween but she insisted Dorothy was the costume for her.

We dressed up as the toy soilders from Toy Story for a fun Halloween party. We won best costume and enjoyed some yummy candy and the "Dark Knight" movie. I hadn't seen that movie since it first came out in Theaters and I was reminded how much I really like it. Reese's school carnival
This was the best picture I could find of her costume. I had planned on getting the girls pictures taken in their costume, but never got around to it.
I've tried to make it a tradition to make Reese's halloween costumes, this year was harder with 3 kids now but I still somewhat pulled it off. Reese's Dorothy dress was
actually very very easy so that helped a ton.
A big thanks to Grandma Howard and Grandma Paulette for suprising Reese with her Ruby Red slippers a month early, she wore them in good for the big night.We visited Pa's Pumpkin patch.

1 comment:

Hess Fam said...

the costumes turned out adorable! I love that reese's hair was done to perfection. but I wouldn't expect anything less from you!