Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bike rider

I tried teaching Reese to ride her bike about a month ago. I knew she could do it, but she was so hesitant. With her 5th birthday approaching I really wanted her to get a new bike. Esp. since a year ago my brother said it looked like she was riding a clown bike with how small it was for her. So we were at Walmart and she started pointing out everything she wanted for her birthday so I told her that if she went home and rode her bike without training wheels I would get her this Rapunzel toy she wanted. So sure enough we went home and she took off on her bike. I knew she could do it. She went about the length of 7 houses on her first try. luckily the babies were napping because I had to run up and down the street chasing her. She is so proud and loves riding it everyday around in circles in the backyard and she is really good at stopping and skidding out!


Kevin doesn't like me bribing her, but hey, it works and she was going to get the toy anyway for her birthday so now we both win!

4 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Umm... Yeah, Time for a new bike. Great Job Reese!

Amy said...

*way

Amy said...

I LOVE it!!! That is my kind of parenting all the way! Go Reese!

ps. i was so happy when i saw you updated your blog! i never see you so it's the only i keep up with you!

Mead Family said...

So I've been checking your blog randomly and so pleasantly surprised at all of the posts and pics!! Congrats on being in your own place!! I love how adorable the kids are and can't believe the twins are a year old already! Miss you guys.