Monday, October 8, 2007

CHICAGO

I had so much fun this last week. My friend Cami invited me on a fun girls trip to Chicago, IL. There was 4 of us that went (Cami, Paige, Jamie and myself). Cami is in my ward and Paige and Jamie are from Cami's previous ward. We stayed at the Almafi hotel in downtown and it was so nice! We left early Monday morning and just hung out in the city when we got there. We met up with a friend of Cami's for a nice dinner and then walked to Navy Pier.
On Tuesday we went to the taping of the Oprah show and got a bonus double taping while there. The first show already aired on Friday the 5th, and the 2nd show airs sometime in December. The show was on Oprah's book club book of the month and we all got a copy of it along with Oprah's book club choice for next month. I am anxious to read them both as they seem really interesting. (I will get right to them once I finish 'Eclipse', I am a little too obsessed right now with Eclipse that I wouldn't dare betray the book with any new ones).
On Wednesday we went shopping all day and at night went and saw WICKED! I am quite obsessed with this musical. I have heard all the rave about this but had no idea what I was missing. I can't get enough of the soundtrack, any small clips online, I almost need some kind of Wicked fix everyday (kind of scary, I know!).
Thursday we shopped some more, and then went back to Navy pier to ride the Ferris wheel where we got a beautiful view of the whole city. We flew back that evening. I got a fun warm welcome from Reese when Kevin and her picked us up from the airport. This is the first time I have ever left her and it wasn't easy!
We ate at some of the most amazing restaurants, had so much fun staying up late talking, walking several miles each day, cab rides with friendly drivers, and fancy desserts with every meal! We probably each gained 5 pounds and ate more than you do on a cruise ship!
Chicago is so much fun and such an interesting city, I came back and told Kevin we could move there since Chase Bank is on every corner. But then reality set in with the reminder of the winter weather.

Thanks girls for a fun week!!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Melissa! No, I could never betray Eclipse either! It would be like betraying Edward!

Your trip sounds too fun!!!! So jealous!

-Amy Thompson

Allen Family said...

I'm so jealous...what a fun trip!

Five Silly Switzer's said...

Looks like you had a fun trip to the windy city. We missed you at card club. That's too funny that we have the same paper on our blogs. I guess great minds think alike!!!!

Wendy said...

cute background. did you scan it or get it off the internet?

Natalie said...

I'm so jealous you went to Oprah! I feel the same about Wicked.
Natalie

A Rosie Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! Good for you for taking a girls only trip.. I wish! Cutest blog too!!

Hess Fam said...

I have been out of touch with your blog! You've had some really fun posts. Andrea told me that your show was airing that Friday so I looked for you and never found you. I'm pretty jealous of your trip. I'm finally getting to go see Wicked in a month and I'm so excited. I've never heard a bad review. Have you narrowed down the costume yet? I can't wait to see that cutest little trick-or-treater!

Titel Family said...

Looks like fun. I wish I could take a girls trip like that...maybe someday. I hope you enjoyed yourself after all of the stress of the past little while!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Hi,

You don't know me ... I'm snooping on your page cause I also know Paige, Julie, Cami & used to live across the street from Jaime. I think Julie mentioned you once in an email to me cause she was telling me about her friend who was having problems finalizing her adoption. We adopted our first two kids ... I think there's an old photo of our family hanging in the Mesa LDSFS office cause our first daughter is from Russia and they have photos on the wall of all the international kids. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and congrats on your adoption. My blog is private, but if you'd like to take a peak, email me princessbeckbug@gmail.com

Becky Tiffany

Lettie Peterson said...

TAG!!!!!Your it go to my blog toread the rules

McKenzie said...

Yes,I will definitely see you at thanksgiving... when do you get it? I couldn't get your resent from the Rick's until after the reception but i have it now and can give it to you !!! Yay!!!