Saturday was the big day! The Temple was so perfect. Reese was so reverent in the Temple. I was nervous that she was going to want to run around and play (like she does during sacrament meeting) but from the time we walked in the front door she just stayed in my arms and gave the tiniest wave and whispered "hi" to every single person she saw. She was so cute. I love how these little spirits just know! She couldn't have been more quiet and perfect. When she came into the sealing room she just looked around at everyone just like she was thinking...'I know you, and you, and you too' it was so sweet. When my sister took her back to the nursery she gave the same tiny wave and said "bye" to everyone. So cute! I am so obsessed with my little girl!!
When we walked out of the temple she loved all the attention (of course) except the photographer. It will be interesting to see what his pictures come out like because she freaked every time he got near her.
We then went to my brother, Steve and his wife Becki's house for the blessing and dinner. Reese did not want to sit still while Kevin gave her a blessing. She wanted to be down with all the kids. I figured as much, but overall she did pretty well.
My friends, Alisha, Minda and Jill came and set up the dinner for us. It was so amazing. They are so talented. It felt like a wedding reception.
We are so lucky to have so many great family and friends who have shown us so much love & support. THANK YOU!! We have been so blessed this last year. Back in August when we went to court to fight for custody of Reese, I woke up the morning of the 1st day of the hearing so sick because of nerves. Kevin's parents were on their way to our hotel to get Reese so we could head out to the court house and I just remember sobbing thinking that I was really going to loose her that day. The trial ended up lasting 3 days and every single day I couldn't eat, sleep and was shaking so bad I could hardly walk. I mention this because all I could do each day is BEG my Heavenly Father to let us keep her and allow us to have her sealed to us. I feel so blessed that our prayers were answered. We couldn't be more ecstatic to have it all behind us and move forward doing the best we can do to keep our end of the promise (We aren't climbing Mt. Everest but we did make a few small bargains).
Here are the announcements my friend Meredith made for us. They were so perfect!!
.jpg)
Here is the back
.jpg)
Here is Reese in her dress I made her

Here are some pictures of the dinner afterwards



We ordered Jones soda with Reese's picture on it. It was so fun!
I will post more pictures when I get them.
12 comments:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. Your post made me cry because I can't even imagine what you went through. It's so amazing to see the happy ending though. We are so happy for you.
Melissa and Kevin (Reese too)...
We are delighted to hear that you have finally reached your goal...A Forever Family!! May your eternity together be blessed!!!
The Del Bello Family
I am totally sitting here in tears right now! I'm so happy for your family and it sounds like it was a wonderful, special experience at the temple! Resse is absolutely adorable and so lucky to have you and Kevin. Congratulations to you guys and to many many more years as an eternal family!! The announcement is so increadably sweet too, I love it!
ok so im sitting here reading your blog and looking a these pictures in tears...im so happy for you guys! congrats on finally being able to be sealed as a family for all eternity! i love the announcments-so cute!
Great pics!
Copy Cat with the Jones Soda!
I'm so glad you shared this day with us loyal blog readers. You are so lucky to have such an amazing experience in the end. Your family definitely deserves it! Reese looks adorable and the dress is amazing! I can't wait to hear and see more of this day that I'm so sad I missed out on. Miss you and all your fun-ness!
I'm so glad you posted about the sealing. We so wanted to be there--curse tax season! What a sweet experience, thanks for sharing. I'm so happy for you guys! What a wonderful feeling, especially after everything you've been through. I loved the invitations. When I opened ours, tears immediately formed in my eyes. Its funny how you can feel the spirit just from a little piece of paper. There is something really special about little children. Oh and that Jones soda with Reese's picture on it is awesome! So happy for all 3 of you!
Congratulations! We are so happy for your family.
Congratulations!! That must have been a great experience for you and your family. That is great that everything turned out so wonderfully. You really made that dress Reese was wearing? It is so cute!!!
Priceless entry...absolutely priceless!
What a very special day--one that will be remembered forever. We are just so happy for your little family!
What an awesome day! So glad I could be there!
Post a Comment