Thursday, April 3, 2008

Catch up

I figured I'd better catch up a little before I get really behind again. Easter was fun. Saturday morning we had breakfast with my family and did an Easter egg hunt, Reese loved it. Later that night we went to some friends house down the street and Reese got even better at Easter egg hunting. Sunday morning Reese tore into her basket before I could even take a picture. I am not a huge fan of giving presents on holidays like these but Kevin acts like a crazy nut when Reese has candy so I had to find little things that would replace the candy. So sad, I know. Kevin took all the candy out of her eggs and left her 1 jelly bean in the egg. Is there a name for the Scrooge of Easter? J/K Reese had no idea, and was so excited over the plastic eggs.





Easter day our friends had us over with their family and we had so much fun. The food was so yummy (not my potatoes that needed more than 2 hours to cook). Reese played so hard in their huge backyard with swingsets, trampoline, motorized jeeps, playhouses, you name it! She was in heaven. I forgot my camera but here a picture in her dress Sunday morning.



How cute is this? I woke up one morning and Kevin and Reese were already downstairs hanging out and this is what I found Reese doing.




We are off to see family this weekend. We haven't been back home since November so we are excited. I hope it's going to be warm so we can go to the beach. Regardless we are just looking forward to getting in a little break from the busy everyday schedule. These weekends always go by way too fast. We have so many people we want to see and not enough time. I hope Reese and I can take a week long trip out this spring to really have a lot of time. We miss CA.

15 comments:

Trisha said...

Poor Reese and her one jellybean! Love her Easter dress and necklace. Hope you guys squeeze us in this weekend....it sprinkled last night so maybe no beach!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks for stoppin' by to say hi! Love your blog! Reese is so pretty in her Easter dress! Love it! You're a good mommy...

Wendy said...

She is too cute. Love her Easter dress and the picture of her playing "mommy." Hope you had fun in CA.

Blake and Kacie Bennett said...

Oh I just love her...My fave picture is her with the baby and the bottle! What a sweet little girl, come over and let her squeeze on Sawyer sometime.

Unknown said...

I took a few pictures of Reese and Devin. I posted them on my blog. It was a couple of posts ago. They were reallly cute. Love your blog!

Sherri Araiza said...

Hi Melissa! I was excited to see your message. Reese just seems to get cuter and cuter...I love the picture with her being "mommy" to her doll. We are doing great and we find out the gender on Wednesday! We are so excited for Tawny and Donovan, too.

Maosi Fam said...

k Melissa, Reece is so stinkin cute with her big georgous eyes=) cant believe how big she is now. keep posting i love looking at your pics.

-Tara (ps Tami says hi)

McKenzie said...

Cute stuff!! I'm sad We're not in Ca while you're there.

PS Good job on Donovan and Tawny's Blog :)

Miss You!

Huss Family said...

She looked very cute in her Easter dress. She is a lucky girl that she got a jellybean. Jed is the same way with Natalie-he has got to protect those teeth:)

Huss Family said...

She looked very cute in her Easter dress. She is a lucky girl that she got a jellybean. Jed is the same way with Natalie-he has got to protect those teeth:)

Katie said...

the one jelly bean thing cracks me up! That's so funny! We usually fill our kids eggs with fish crackers and cheerios...(real exciting!) Maybe Kevin would be okay with that for next year...

Anne said...

Reese is so beautiful and big! I can almost picture her as a teenager! We're probably going to plan a 10th ward reunion sometime for May or June. Let me know if you'll be here sometime then!

Anonymous said...

Your such a sweetheart. I have lost wieght espcially write now I'm in a wedding in a couple of weeks. So I've been working hard at it. So when do I get to see you? 4th of july u say you'll all be here? Love your guts

Anonymous said...

I am making my blog private! I need your email to add you as a "viewer"! =0

Anonymous said...

Melis! Where did you get your wonderful blog layout/background? I am looking for a new one! =) THANKS!!!!