Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Reese!

I can’t even believe my baby is 2 years old now! It’s just not fair for it to fly by so fast. It has been the most amazing thing to watch her grow and develop. She is such a smart, funny, sassy little girl. We love her so much!

We started asking Reese a month ago what she wanted for her birthday and she kept saying “I want a Elmo party”. I tried talking her into a princess, Strawberry Shortcake (my fav.), my little pony, etc. and she kept turning me down and just said, “no, I want a Elmo party”. In fact that was her answer when I asked her what she wanted for lunch or anything else for the next 3 weeks after. I was really sad. In my desparate attempt to change her mind I took her to Party City to check out all the themes and sure enough the only thing she would agree to was Elmo. I think I might have shed a tear in the store as I picked up the Elmo party stuff which happened to be right across from the Strawberry Shortcake supplies. We ended up opting for just a family party so I figured I would just let her have what she wanted. I must say it was nice and easy.


Here is the Elmo cake I made for her.
Here she is digging into her cake with her "Uncle Neck" (aka Clint)


Daddy and Reese swimming

Some of her new fun toys - Thanks everyone!

Strawberry Shortcake doll


Scooter

Bath Paints


Snow White dress up

Sandbox and sand toys

16 comments:

the Hess' said...

That story is so funny. I would have been doing the same thing. Who wants to throw and elmo party when there is strawberry shortcake. Well way to be the great mom and do what she wanted. That is exciting new about kevin. We wish him the best.

McKenzie said...

Happy Birthday To Reese!

Only you could make such a professional Elmo cake. You'll have to teach me when I have kids some day.

And congrats to Kevin for ASU!

Betsy said...

She's sure cute and tell Kevin good luck with his newest venture!

Maosi Fam said...

Happy Birthday Reese!

gosh i cant believe she is already 2 years old! i love the cake you made and looks like she had a fun party and love it=) maybe next year she will be into really girly stuff hehe.

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

Oh the cute chamaca we wished we were there that whole weekend we'll get out there soon i'm sure. It looked like a lot of fun.

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

Oh the cute chamaca we wished we were there that whole weekend we'll get out there soon i'm sure. It looked like a lot of fun.

Cami said...

What? Elmo is adorable. I love his voice. Macey called him La La when she was little. Oh and the cake......perfect! Only you!

Autumn said...

I can't believe how fast they grow up. My little Kailey's b-day is right around the corner and I am in denial. Good luck in school Kevin!

Hess Fam said...

I've been waiting for this post! I hope Reese had a fantastic Elmo party! Great job on the cake.

Jeffrey, Meri, and Thomas said...

Happy Birthday Reese! You are beautiful...love the pics!

A Rosie Family said...

I can't believe it's been two years already! She is just as cute as ever! Happy B-day Reese!

Wendy said...

OMG! I can't believe she's 2 already! That is insane. Happy Birthday!

Katie said...

Happy #2 Reese!! Yes, it is sad how fast they grow-up... but it's all so much fun!

Wendy said...

Okay, I know this is way late, but, Happy Birthday Reese! I can't believe she's 2!

beckfam said...

I can't believe it has been 2 years already. Happy Birthday Reese! Wow, what a cake!

Mrs. Douglas said...

Reese is too cute...
but u need to update more often!