Saturday, July 19, 2008

4th of July

Every year for the 4th of July my mom's side of the family has a picnic. My grandpa Jarman was born on the 4th and it started as a celebration for him back when my mom was a young child. We have continued to have this tradition even though he passed away 16 years ago. It is always the same place, same time, etc. for the last 50+ years. We love getting together and hanging out there all day its so much fun!

Here is Reese and her friend Collin. We loved having the Hess' join us this year.


Reese loves her cousin Drake too!



Our little slugger. She must have known there was candy in there.



Reese and Mommy

Each year after the picnic everyone goes back to my parents house to light fireworks.
Here is Reese with her Grandpa watching the fireworks


She wasn't as excited as I thought she would be lighting her own


Reese with her cousins, Carson & Chas

6 comments:

Hess Fam said...

UGH! I check your blog all the time and no updates...and now there are so many. I'll take what I can get. It was so fun to see you and I hope to see you this weekend too!

Wendy said...

I can't handle how cute Resse is getting. And you hair! I love it blonde and looks really good.

Kelli J. said...

Yeah! We found you! Well, Ryan found us...THANKS RYAN. I have been bugging Nana to email one of these Barkers your blog site (I knew you guys had to have one!) What a cute family you have! It has been a long time since we have seen you guys! Hope all is well!!!

lins.e said...

Your girl is so freaking cute. Good to see that you are doing well

Ian

McKenzie said...

So Fun!!! I love the pictures!!

LW said...

Hey Melissa! It's been such a long time! You're family looks so great. I hope all is well with you guys. I just wanted to drop you a note and say hi!!
Take care.
Lynsey (Corotan) Williamson
http://www.chrisandlyns.blogspot.com