Monday, April 13, 2009
Happy Easter!
We went to California for Easter. We had 3 Easter egg hunts and parties lots of family and friends and so much fun! On Friday I went shopping with my mom and sister all day, Kevin and Reese hung out with Kevin's parents. Then on Saturday morning we went to my brother Billy's ward party and pancake breakfast. It was fun to see some friends we haven't seen in a while. Then later that day Reese dyed eggs with Grandma Holloway and her cousin Kennady got to come.
Then they went on a hunt to find them
Rylan hunting for his egg
Kennady, Drake & Reese
She woke up Easter morning to see this fun basket the Easter Bunny brought her.
After church we went back to Kevin's parents house and Reese got to hold her new baby cousin Sloane. Reese loves it when she gets to hold these babies all by herself. She thinks she is so big!
Reese holding Rylan
Then it was off to my parents house. Reese was Reading a book to this duck. It was so cute. She is so animated while telling her stories.
Here are some of the kids on my side who did the Easter egg hunt. It paid off having 2 hunts before my parents because they always put money in the eggs and Reese found a total of $5.75 in her eggs plus more candy than she needed.
Its also been a tradition in my family (for atleast 15 years) to have a big egg fight with all the plastic eggs after the kids dump out all their candy. It sounds violent and I will be honest it really can be. The eggs get thrown at welt worthy speed and there is no mercy at where they get thrown. You will get ripped in the head with one and probably the face if you're not careful. Here is Reese throwing one at my mom's head while my mom is trying to be so nice connecting all the busted eggs for people to throw again. I promise that it really is fun! Oh, and in my family, it's pretty much how we say I Love You :)
Here is Kevin trying to protect Reese.
Madness!
I was trying to download a video of all the action. Hopefully it works!
Posted by
Kevin and Melissa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
okay that's really crazy. i can't believe your mom allows that. geez louise!
it was fun to see you and i can't wait to see more of you soon.
That is too funny and man LOL that guy in the brown shirt is not kidding around HAHA!
I love IT!! How fun, I want to do that now. I heard the news, I'm very sad! :( We will miss you guys tons.
I love it..so funny, they were chucking those eggs pretty hard, you can hear them connecting. I love Reese reading the book to her duck, she is the best.
Post a Comment