About 5:30pm while studying at school for my contracts class I received a call from Melissa saying her water broke. I had to meet Melissa at the hospital since my school is about a half an hour away from our house. My parents brought her down and by that time the contractions were starting to kick in. I know everyone says this, but thank goodness for anesthesia. The operating room was readied and it was time to go in. Baby A arrived at 8:30pm and Baby B arrived at 8:31pm on February 22, 2010 by Cesarean. I was able to watch the whole operation and what a miraculous experience it was to witness the birth of our children after the challenges we have had in getting pregnant.
Melissa is doing just fine aside from the normal pains of delivery by operation. The babies are about 5 weeks early but both are doing fine. Baby A came out healthy and strong. Baby B came out healthy, but needed the aid of a CPAP, a device to assist in breathing. When moved back to the NICU Baby A ended up needing breathing assistance from the CPAP as well. There is no concern with the babies needing the CPAP. It is just the result of being premature and having lungs that have not fully developed.
Reese is so excited to be a big sister and cannot wait to hold them, change them and feed them. By the way, if you haven't heard, they are both girls. I am definitely outnumbered, but we are certainly excited that they are finally here.
Baby B 17 3/4 inches
Baby B
Baby A 17 inches
26 comments:
Congratulations!! We are so happy to hear that both little girls arrived safely and healthy. Best of wishes for your new adventure with twins!
CONGRATULATIONS! We're so happy for you! We hope Melissa recovers quickly and that the babies continue to do well.
Love, The Bakers
Congratulations you guys! We are so excited to have two new nieces finally here, but we wish so much that we could be there to see them! Give them lots of hugs and kisses from us and we will hopefully be out there soon to see them!
They are the cutest! We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see them again!
congrats! we are so excited for you guys!
They are beautiful! What a miracle. We are so excited for guys. Can't wait to see them. Love you all!
This is the BEST news!! Those are great size babies! Keep the pictures coming:) Wahoo!
I can hardly stand it! They are perfect!!! It was so exciting to be a part of the action last night. How I wish I could've been there. Can't wait to hear their precious little names!!
so happy they are here safe! can't wait to meet them
Yaay! Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am so glad that everyone is healthy and doing well!
Oh my goodness! SOOOO cute! I love it. Great update Kevin!
I can't wait to meet A & B! Hopefully they'll have some names sometime soon! :)
Congrats!!! Glad they are here and hope they continue to do well.
Congratulations! I hope everyone is doing well!
Wow! How awesome is that! Good luck! can't wait to see more pictures of the new additions! Hope mama and the babies are doing well!
Congratulations!!! What a wonderful time for you! We're so happy for you guys and your TWO new additions. They are beautiful.
CONGRATS! I can't believe how excited we are for you. I got teary eyed reading the post. CONGRATS! Wish we could be there.
Congratulations to all of you. So happy they are doing so well. They look just like Ellie with the CPAP. Can't wait to see them..
HOORAY!!! That is soo awesome, holy cow! So excited for all of you! Glad everything went well, good luck, you'll do great! :)
Congratulations on two more beautiful girls!!
So glad everything went so well. Congrats to you're whole family. We are so happy for you.
CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you!! It's such an exciting time for you and your family!! We wish you the best! (I still have 5 months to go...yikes, but the time seems to fly by quicker with your second!)
WOOHOOO!!!! Congrats you guys!!!!
YAYY!!! They are SO gorgeous and glad that they are doing ok. Get Well Melissa! Love ya.
Yay! What a great day. That CPAP mask looks way too familiar! Sophie hated that thing. Hope you all recover quickly :)
Hooray!! Hope all is well with you guys. Love the names... they are perfect.
Oh my Gosh!!! They are adorable. Congratulations! Love the picture of Reese reaching in.
Post a Comment