Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WOW

So..I finally decided to update my blog. It's been on my to do list for the last 5 months. That just sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? It's been the only thing on my to do list that keeps rolling over to the next list because I've never completed it. If you know me at all, you know I'm a big list writer. I think I put too much thought into it instead of just sitting down and getting it done. I've been battling myself on wether to even catch up with previous events or just move forward, do I really want to bore my readers with it? Do I even have any readers anymore? Since it's been this long should I just go private now, etc. The funniest thing about this whole catch up post is that in December I was so annoyed with myself and my lack of posting that I actually put on my New Year's resolution list that I was going to blog every week (insert laughing here). So I guess maybe I just put a little too much pressure on myself. I then started to wonder if I should just quit the blog all together, and just keep a journal being that I would be much more open in a written journal. I should probably do both but then I will have 1 more thing on my to do list everyday. I find myself driving around town and thinking of posts that I need to make, esp. to document the funny things Reese says and cute little things Saylor and Ruby do. Now I've forgotten so many of them already.




Another thing, have you ever found that when you're not posting you also stop taking pictures? As I look back at what to post I found that I have only snapped a few pictures here and there. It's like I've totally lost it and I don't know where to pick up so I just keep putting it off.



I'm going to give it one more shot so here we go. I just made the final decision to go a head and catch up from previous months so WARNING it's a long one. Infact before you read on take a break to grab yourself a snack and make sure the children are occupied for a little bit.




Are you back? Ok let's go.




NOVEMBER 2010
I know what you're thinking, and yes I'm going there so bare with me...

I remember thinking when I was a wee bit younger how silly it was when all the girls in a family were dressed alike and now look at me and my girls. Someone stop me before my girls hate me later. For now, I think it's so cute. I dress the twins alike everyday, even in pajamas. What's even cuter is that Saylor and Ruby are wearing bows. They sadly will not ever allow me to put anything on their head now.








DECEMBER 2010

Kevin's parents took Reese to see the Nutcracker. She was in heaven.



Reese's school performed at the outdoor mall.




The kids with Santa.



The Adams family came to visit. Carly and Spencer were Reese's favorite babysitters. We miss them tons. It was fun to spend a night at Disneyland with them.



Awww... Christmas morning. The twins were only interested in the paper.



Reese and Drake with their umbrellas.

Saylor



I did snap a ton of pictures on Christmas but I don't want to sit and upload them so lets just move on.



For New Year's we went to Arrowhead to spend a few days. It was nice to get away. Reese told me she already packed her bag so when I looked, this is what I saw.

Kevin took the kids sledding.



This picture makes me laugh everytime I look at it.



These girls are so fun. Reese is such a good big sister. She loves helping take care of them, she is so gentle and sweet to them. They love watching her and trying to copy her. She always wants to play with them and they ADORE her.




The Aquarium of the Pacific has free admission every Friday night to visit the Shark tank. The girls love to go and see all the fish.



Today Kevin got the twins ready. I came home and he got them dressed, gave them both mohawks and then took a picture of them both picking their nose. He was so proud.




Now that the twins are getting older they are starting to get mobile.

Saylor actually just stays put like you see in the next two pictures.



While Ruby gets into everything and gets around everywhere.


Reese and her painted face from the school book fair. She took this picture of herself with her poses that she learned from Cortney. Everytime I see this picture it reminds me of countless pictures Cortney has posted of herself on Facebook.



Saylor learned to crawl and now the two of them get into all kinds of trouble together. Actually i'm convinced that Ruby is the suspect and Saylor is the innocent

victim who just follows Ruby around.


I know it looks like I don't watch my kids and that I live in such a mess. Although our quarters were small at Kevin's parents house it was pretty orderly (at night when the kids were sleeping, that is). I am constantly cleaning up one mess only to find they moved onto another area and made a mess there. It's a constant race.



This picture just cracks me up. Saylor would sit right in front of the TV and just stare.


Reese and her Daddy heading on a roadtrip. There is just something about these two. They are adorable together. I just LOVE them!

6 comments:

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

HAHA that is such a cortney picture, thats so cute!

Deon said...

I love the post! Please don't stop posting we love getting the updates :)

Braden and Jodee said...

I totally thought that WAS courtney!

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Yay! So good to see you back. Love seeing your girls grow up. They are all dolls!!

Sadie Lady said...

I have been dying to know how life has been with the twins. So glad to get a glimpse. Don't stop posting. Even if the next one is in a couple months keep it up. I love reading your thoughts and hearing about your family.

Hess Fam said...

HOLY UPDATES!!! I don't even know where to begin on the comments.