I can't believe how hard it was to travel for Christmas and I only have 1 kid! I don't think we will be doing that again.
Our trips to California always seem so chaotic trying to split our time equally, visit our favorite places/restuarants to fill the cravings we have from being away from home and trying to squeeze in a few visits with friends. We decided we would leave a couple days early to maximize our trip. It didn't make it any easier but add 2 extra days of craziness.
We stayed the first couple nights at Kevin's parents house and since Kevin hadn't even started his Christmas shopping he had to spend our first day there tackling it. I on the other hand always finish my shopping way early becuase if you know me at all you know I HATE shopping. I especially don't like crowds, lines, etc. I know for some it gives them the holiday feel but for me it ruins the holidays. So you can imagine how I felt when my mom asked me if I could help her finish her list. She usually is never a late shopper so I knew she must have been swamped. To my surpise I found the cutest things for myself. I thought I would help Kevin out and picked up a few "back up" things for myself in case his last minute shopping was a bust. I will say that one positive thing about last minute shopping is some FANTASTIC deals!
On Tuesday, Brent (my father-in-law) treated me and Kevin to pedicures. I only go get a pedicure like once a year and Kevin has never been. Brent on the other hand goes often enough where they all know him by name and if my mother-in-law goes without him they ask if something happened to him. Kevin was a big fan when he left. He wasn't too sure about going but after a nice little massage he was in heaven.
After our pedicures we were off to go caroling with my family. It's been a tradition in my family for years to go caroling on the 23rd of December. We go with all of my extended family. We used to always meet at my Grandmas house to eat Chili and then after caroling we would come back for donuts and hot chocolate. Since my Grandma has been gone we meet at my parents house and our crowd has dwindled down quite a bit. I still love it. With Reese learning all the fun Christmas songs this year I knew it would be a hit for her as well. Here we are caroling to my Great Aunt and Uncle's house.
.jpg)
On Christmas eve we packed up and moved over to my parents house. We drove my dad around to run a few errands and then headed back over to Kevin's parents for their Christmas eve dinner. Here is Reese and Drake who kept kissing eachother all weekend

Then back to my parents house to prepare for Santa to come. Here is Reese in her new Hello Kitty Christmas pajamas leaving out cookies and milk for Santa.
.jpg)
Christmas day was a lot of running around. We had to wake up Reese at 6am in order to fit everything into schedule. She was so confused when we woke her up but as she was waking up she heard Santa's bells and flew out of bed ready to see him. She walked into the family room and went shell shock. We aren't quite sure if it was overwhelming thinking that Santa was actually there, or if she was like "why the heck did you wake me up?" I know as parents you get so much more excited than the kids do but we did expect a little more excitement. She warmed up after a bit and started opening presents.
Santa brought her a fun Barbie cash register
.jpg)
Mommy and Daddy got her a Barbie Jeep and a new baby doll and some other toys
+(2).jpg)
.jpg)
Then it was off to Kevin's parents house to open more presents. She was one spoiled little girl. Everyone was all done opening so all the attention was on Reese. I am not even sure who got her what because the wrapping paper came flying off so fast. Here is Drake helping her rip into them!
.jpg)

Here is Reese and her "Grandpa Skeeter" reading her and Drake a story.
.jpg)
Then back to my parents house so we could see Kristy and Billy's families. Reese got a new baby that came equipped with a baby carrier/stroller, diaper bag, baby basinett and swing. She is quite the mommy now!

Here is Daddy in one of his many moments to come of putting together Christmas toys.

Then we were back to Kevin's parents house to go caroling to some rest homes. I didn't get any pictures but we did have a funny moment at the first rest home. First off let me just say that there was only 10 of us caroling with probably only 2 people that can actually sing. So we head into the first rest home singing Jingle Bells and there are about 12 elderly people in the recreation room watching "Lilo and Stitch" and not one of them turned around and acknowledged that we existed. So as we gather towards the front one lady starts shouting "PLEASE JUST TAKE ME BACK TO MY ROOM" in other words STOP SINGING AND GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE! She stopped us right in the middle of singing and we immediatly left laughing.
Later that night we returned to my parents house tired and ready for bed. A very eventful but fun Christmas day.
On Friday during the day we went to the LA Zoo with Kristy and her family. I hadn't been in years infact probably since I was in elementary school. Its really a great Zoo! Here is Reese and Kennady riding in the wagon


Then later that night Kevin's parents rented Duffy boats and we cruised the Huntington Beach Harbor looking at Christmas lights. It was a lot of fun.

Here is Reese helping her daddy drive the boat

On Saturday we took family pictures on Kevin's side. Here is the best of the bunch

And here is ours. Reese fell asleep on the way so she was not happy camper. I tried bribing her with M&M's but that didn't work too well.

Saturday night Kevin's cousin got married but I didn't get any pictures there. Then Sunday morning Donovan and Tawny blessed their little boy Rylan.

I decided I needed a few more days in Cali so I sent Kevin back with his brother Blake so Reese and I could play a few more days. Then we headed back home on Tuesday!
8 comments:
Well I love your trips out here, so keep them coming!
I swear I am tired from just reading that! Wow! Good times.
WOW. What an eventful Xmas. I cannot believe the day you had actually on Christmas. That is a lot of driving. I am glad you made it through. Love your cuz,
Sadie
Reese is growing up to be such a beauty! Did you get my email about KH?
Looks like you had a great time! Love the family picture!
Yes Christmas is crazy but imagine how boring it would be if you had none of it. Never a dull moment!
Geeze Louise! I'm exhausted reading all of this! I'm glad that through you busy schedule, I was able to get some time in! It was great to see you. Can't wait for you to come back.
Your family picture is so cute! How are Brent and Sandy!? So good to see them in their family pick - they are so great!!
Post a Comment