Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our February Happenings

Reese and Kevin on a ice cream date. I know what you're thinking and no I do not make her take off her shirt and wear an apron to eat ice cream, she happened to be painting with me just before so that is why she is only half dressed.

Reese looked so cute before church. She loves to get her picture taken.


On February 25th my cousin Jeremy Barker passed away from a long tough fight with cancer. Jeremy was my second cousin but only 5 years younger than me. I have some great memories of him and his family when they would come to visit us. I last saw Jeremy in February when him and my cousin Mark came to Reese's blessing. Michelle, Ryan and I flew up to Utah and met up with the rest of my family for his funeral. It was such a bitter sweet trip. It was so great to meet up with my Dad's side of the family some of whom I haven't seen in 9 years. Just about everyone was there and it was such a great reunion.

This is my family at the Rosser's house where we all stayed in Utah. The Rosser's have been family friends since my dad was in elementary school. They are so fun and we love family gatherings with them.
It was so fun that everyone of my siblings made it to the funeral. We love our spouses and kids and missed them but we also had so much fun and laughed until our bodies ached.

We played a game called Curses. It is the funniest game I have ever seen in my life. Warning - do not play on a full stomach and be prepared to hurt from laughing so hard. Here is my mom on the floor uncontrollably laughing.

Michael was cursed during the game to have his hands stuck to the top of his head.

My mom was cursed to scratch herself like a monkey while acting something else out at the same time.

Stephen was singing with the Rosser's dog.

My cousin David (left), my cousin Mark(center)-Jeremy's dad, and my dad.

Jeremy's wife and gorgeous daughter Kiara (1) and my Cousin Mark

Michelle, Susan, Aunt Becki, Aunt Lynette, me, Kristy & Mark

Kristy, Berkley, Uncle Sandy and me

My dad and Kristy

me and Billy

Mark Jeremy Barker
April 23,1984 to February 25, 2009

Here is Jeremy, Erika and Kiara.

Jeremy will be missed greatly and my heart goes out to his sweet wife and daughter and his parents Mark & Rhosby and siblings. Tough times like these remind me how blessed we are for eternal families.

No comments: