Camping
We went to Doheny Beach to go camping for a week with some fun families from our ward in Arizona. We had so much fun!
Reese and Kailey. She misses her so much. Kevin body boarding
I stayed on the sand most of the time (I am holding my niece under the towel). Cami and I did make it out once to play in the waves. It's been sooooo long since I have done that and I forgot how much I loved it.
Some of the kids.jpg)
We went to our family's annual 4th of July picnic.
Lighting fireworks at home afterwards
I celebrated my 30th birthday on July 6th at Disneyland with my 2 favorite people. We finally got our passes and Kevin also suprised me with Wicked tickets.
Then it was off to Utah on the 7th for the Howard Family Reunion. We rode in style in my cousins motorhome on the way up there.
We had so much fun seeing all our family. We played lots of games, ate good food and lots of visiting and catching up. These girls made princess crowns as one of the crafts and then did a parade around the campsite.
This was the scenery from the campgrounds
These are 4 out of 5 of my dad's siblings
Becky, Keith, Lynette, Sharon and my Dad (Aunt Nana is on a mission)
Our family
Part of the adult relay race was canoeing around the lake
My mom playing games with the kids
We played this fun game where you had to fit your whole team on a sheet and then keep folding it smaller while everyone stayed on the sheet. This was our team in the back.
After the reunion we were headed to Arizona and on the way we stopped to see the Salt Lake Temple.
We also went to the Grand Canyon and along the way we saw a group of Elk, so we pulled the car over and got up as close as we could to take pictures.
We finally made it to Queen Creek. We got to spend 4 days there and see lots of friends. These girls were so cute, the second they got together it was just like old times, they danced and played and were so silly. A big thank you to all those who came and visited us while I was on "bedrest" and for the meals, and especially Meredith who gave us a nice place to stay. We had so much fun visiting with so many people that we miss everyday.
When we got back from AZ we went to Disneyland with Michelle and Kristy's family
Reese started swim lessons. She was nervous on her first day but now we can't pull her away. She loves it and is doing so well.
On Saturday night Kevin's parents were in the Single's ward Dance festival. All the advisors put on a routine to the song Dancing Queen from Momma Mia. It was hilarious.
Here is a little clip of them dancing.
I only had my regular camera that doesn't quite get the best videos.
We had a fun summer. This guy starts school on Wednesday and we are going to miss him so much!
8 comments:
Oh Melissa, I love that you rode in the wheelchair at DL! I would LOVE to have someone push me around that big ol' place! In fact, I think there is a picture on my FB of me at DL riding on my brothers sit-and-stand stroller haha! Looks like you have had a super busy and FUN summer so far...!!!!!
Wow you guys have been busy! I love the dance video! You have such great parent's in law. They are so awesome. Looks like you've been keeping busy, you're so good about that!
Wow Melissa, you guys have had a very busy summer. It is so nice that you have all been able to spend so much time together. You have a very nice family. It was wonderful to see you and your family.
Kevin is the most beautiful princess I have ever seen! :) LOL!
What cute pics! I am laughing so hard thinking of you agreeing to being pushed in a wheel chair!
Hey Melissa I tried to email you and it comes back to me. Could you send me you email address so I have it. I was just sending out an email to see how you were doing and FEELING I hope all is well on your end talk to you soon
Looks like a great summer! It's so nice that Kevin was able to hang out with you girls so much. Dinsyland in a wheel chair is the way to go. I I'd that once when I was supposed to be on bed rest. Hope you are having fun, and that Kevin is all ready for school. Hi to the fam!
That dance video made me so happy.
I hope you are doing well, you sure have a beautiful daughter!
Where is Kevin going to school?
Post a Comment