Ruby
Here is Ruby in her new bed
(she had a cute blanket too until she pooped all over it)
I have been sad that the girls haven't been together since in-utero so when the nurse wasn't looking we scooted their cribs together.
Even closer together now..
They both had to pass car seat tests to make sure they could maintain their heart rates sitting up in their car seats for an hour and a half. They look so tiny in them. When they do get to come home they won't be going anywhere for a while and esp. after I saw how little they were in their seats. I will also be the paranoid mom sitting in the back with them after the hospital made us watch a video on car seat safety with preemies.

Finally together again. The nurse was really nice to let us hold them together for a short second. I swear they both had a look of relief when we put them together.
I can't believe it's already been a week. Saylor is now 4lbs 12oz and Ruby is 5lbs. They are both nursing really well and gaining weight at an approval rate which I am so grateful for. I hope they get chunky fast. My anxiety level just went up 10 pts. with how small they are. I was extremely sad to leave them on Friday when I was discharged and it's so hard to visit them and leave again each day but I feel like they are so safe and I love the NICU staff that is taking care of them.
I can't believe it's already been a week. Saylor is now 4lbs 12oz and Ruby is 5lbs. They are both nursing really well and gaining weight at an approval rate which I am so grateful for. I hope they get chunky fast. My anxiety level just went up 10 pts. with how small they are. I was extremely sad to leave them on Friday when I was discharged and it's so hard to visit them and leave again each day but I feel like they are so safe and I love the NICU staff that is taking care of them.
I am so in love with these girls. I never had the understanding of how much a heart can grow with adding more children to your family. Last night we went down to the hospital to visit the girls and on the way we go so emotional feeling so blessed with all of our girls. All 3 of them are absolute proof that miracles do happen.
19 comments:
Congratulations! We are so happy for you! The girls look great! And, I love their names. You did a great job getting them here. Can't wait to see more of them as they "chunk up"! :D
Tears. I love seeing the miracle. What a road. You guys deserve it. What lucky girls to have parents who would sacrifice so much to get them here. Love you!
I can't believe it... they are so teeny. Jozie was 5lbs. 5oz. and I thought that was small. I hope they get to come home soon. Reese is probably dying to play house:)
I don't know if you remember what a fat baby Megan was, but she was 4 lb 9 oz at birth. She hit 20 pounds at 6 months. Ruby and Saylor will be chunks before you know it. Congratulations, and I hope you get enough rest, recover quickly, and enjoy every moment with your three girls!!
You all are so beautiful! I am so happy for you all. Our prayers are with you. We love you.
They are just so precious! I am so happy for you guys :)
Seriously! How many times will I just want to jump in my car and drive over?! Seriously! Seriously!! CANNOT WAIT to see you and meet them. And hold them. And kiss on them. And smell them. Well, you get the idea. ;)
love that they are together again. I can't wait to get my hands on them....wait does that give you anxiety thinking of other people holding them.
So true...wow... all three are precious little miracles! They are SO beautiful. I'm sad that I can't just go see them! Come back!!!!
Oh, how precious! They are a good mix of you and Kevin both! The stuff you wrote about what happened in the NICU...yeah, brought back a flood of memories for me. Can't wait to see you!!
I love reading about these precious girls. Their names are adorable. Thank you for updating and sharing with those of us who are far. Can't wait to meet them in person. They are just so precious!
I am getting in the car right now to come and see the cutest twins on the planet!!! Give them lots of kisses for us...we miss you guys so much and can't wait to come out to see you guys! We love you guys & hope the girls get to come home soon!
I was so excited to read this update and see some more pictures! I hope they continue gaining weight and soon get to be loved on by you guys 24/7 at home.
What a sweet post!! I simply can't wait to see those little girls at home and in your arms! We are so happy that they are here for you guys to love and cherish! They are so cute and we can't wait to watch them grow and follow in their big sister's footsteps!
Hooray! Way to go. They look SO cute!
They are so cute. We are so excited for you guys. You really deserve all these wonderful blessings. Hope they sleep good for you.
Thanks for taking the time to post. They are so cute, these miracle babies.
Congrats! Glad things are going well. How exciting. I LOVE the names you chose!!!
Congratulations! They are beautiful little girls. Trisha told me that Saylor got to come home today...that must make you so happy to have one of them with you all the time. Ruby will be home before you know it!
--Kendall
Post a Comment